Student Assistant/Temporary Positions
Student Assistant – Special Collections and Archives
Graduate Assistant Positions
An Internship Request Form should be submitted to Library Administration at least two months prior to the expected start date of the internship.
The following factors will be considered:
- Requestor must be currently enrolled in an ALA accredited Master’s Program in Library Science.
- Type of internship being requested and whether the University Library can accommodate the request.
- Whether the proposed internship has well-defined learning outcomes and project(s) in mind that benefit both the student and the University Library. Typically, the best internships involve a specific project in which the student can apply his/her graduate training to accomplish a shared goal.
- Whether current workloads can accommodate placement of an intern and maintain service levels.
- Priority consideration will be given to graduate level students enrolled in University System of Georgia Master programs in Library Science.
Library Administration will contact the requestor, informing them whether or not the University Library is able to accommodate the request. The internal review process should be completed between four and six weeks of receiving the request.