The GSU Library has over 60 group study rooms available for students to reserve. Groups of two or more students can check out rooms in advance to make sure they have a place to study or work on group projects. Click the link above to get started!
Georgia State University Library supports the University’s goal to become a leading public research university by providing resources and services for teaching, learning and research, which enable discovery and the use of information and the creation of knowledge.
The Library will provide leadership to the University community in acquiring, facilitating, managing and curating scholarly information and will offer new and emerging technologies to support faculty and student research, teaching and learning.
The Library will also balance traditional paper- and place-based collections and services with new library leadership responsibilities that include identifying and adopting technologies to provide anytime/anywhere access to the world’s scholarly information.
The Library will contribute to the intellectual, cultural and social development of regional, national and international knowledge communities. In addition to serving our students and faculty, the Library will assist the University in addressing the complex challenges of cities.
- Collaboration. We establish partnerships and promote open communication.
- Diversity. We value diversity and strive to create a climate of openness, respect and appreciation.
- Innovation. We are innovative, flexible and creative.
- Integrity. We act with consistency, honesty, fairness and professionalism.
- Learning. We promote the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Service. We serve our community in a knowledgeable, receptive and courteous manner.
- The University Library will deliver a superior user experience to our students.
- The University Library will enhance access to the university’s scholarly information.
- The University Library will use new, emerging, and established technologies to support the research, teaching, and learning of faculty and students.
- The University Library will enhance its research culture to support the University’s distinctive, campus, city-based and global programs and initiatives.
Author: Library Administrative Council
Source: December 1998 Strategic Plan and Strategic Plan Action Plans Updated March 2003
Revised: May 10, 2011