Provide resources and services that enhance student learning and success, inspire creative expression, enable the creation of new knowledge, and facilitate informed dialogue.
The Georgia State University Library will be looked to as a national model of the innovative research library: the intellectual commons of the University, a valued partner in student success, and an integral component of the University research community.
- Collaboration. We seek partnerships and promote open communication.
- Diversity. We value diversity and strive to create a climate of openness, respect, and appreciation.
- Innovation. We are innovative, flexible, and creative.
- Integrity. We act with consistency, honesty, fairness, and professionalism.
- Learning. We promote the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Service. We serve our community in a knowledgeable, receptive, and courteous manner.
- Provide services and resources that contribute to academic success for students from all backgrounds. [GSU Goal 1]
- Effectively acquire, manage, and curate scholarly information and data. [GSU Goal 1 & Goal 2]
- Support a transdisciplinary research culture through innovative services, programming, resources, expertise, appropriate technologies, and dynamic spaces that bring people together in pursuit of knowledge. [GSU Goal 3, Goal 4, & Goal 5]
- Build special collections which contribute to a greater understanding of the historical development of the complex challenges faced by Atlanta, the South, and an urbanizing world; and actively promote use of these collections by students, faculty, local residents, and the global research community. [GSU Goal 3 & Goal 4]
Approved by Library Administrative Council 9/13/2016