The GSU Library has over 60 group study rooms available for students to reserve. Groups of two or more students can check out rooms in advance to make sure they have a place to study or work on group projects. Click the link above to get started!
Connect from Off Campus
Use this chart to find out how to login to databases and resources from off campus. If you need additional assistance, use the chat box on the right or call or email us.
|For This Library Resource||Library ID, Library PIN & Last Name||Library ID & Last Name||CampusID & Password||GALILEO Password||Other|
|Your GIL Account|
|Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)|
|Desktop Article Delivery(ILLiad – Faculty and Graduate Students Only)|
|E-reserves Submission Form (Faculty Only)|
|Electronic Course Reserves||Ask your course instructor for password.|
|Books 24×7||Register for a Books 24×7 account using your GSU email address.|
Library ID & PIN
- Appears on the back of your PantherCard
- 7-character code beginning with E, S, or O (example: S001234)
- Usually used in combination with your last name and PIN
- If you have an older PantherCard and don’t see a Library ID on the back, you can look up your Library ID on the Panther # Lookup page.
- The University System of Georgia now requires that all library users enter a PIN for library account access.
- You PIN allows access to your library account to renew books online, get the GALILEO password, and check your fines, due dates and requests.
- How to get your PIN
Campus ID & Password
Many resources require the CampusID for off-campus access. Please visit the CampusID web page to activate your CampusID or to change your CampusID password.
- To look up the current GALILEO password:
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Any faculty, staff, or student requiring an additional layer of security while working on the network from an off-campus location should use the Virtual Private Network, or VPN.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues
If you’re having trouble connecting to library resources, try the following steps:
- Ensure that your login information is correct.
- Make sure that you are using GSU library resources by starting your work at the GSU library website (http://library.gsu.edu/) and not at a search engine or the open web.
- Check your computer’s firewall and anti-virus settings to make sure that the library’s content is not being blocked.
- Make sure that your institution allows access to the library’s content. Users who try to access from other institutions (such as public schools, colleges, universities or businesses) may be blocked by their institution’s network settings.
- If you need further assistance, just Ask a Librarian for more help.