Connect from Off Campus
|For This Library Resource||CampusID & Password||GALILEO Password||Name & Email||Other|
|Your GIL Account|
|Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)|
|Desktop Article Delivery (ILLiad – Faculty and Graduate Students Only)|
|E-reserves Submission Form (Faculty Only)|
|Electronic Course Reserves||Ask your course instructor for password.|
|Books 24×7||Register for a Books 24×7 account using your GSU email address.|
Campus ID & Password
Many resources require the CampusID for off-campus access. Please visit the CampusID web page to activate your CampusID or to change your CampusID password.
- To look up the current GALILEO password:
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Any faculty, staff, or student requiring an additional layer of security while working on the network from an off-campus location should use the Virtual Private Network, or VPN.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues
If you’re having trouble connecting to library resources, try the following steps:
- Ensure that your login information is correct.
- Make sure that you are using GSU library resources by starting your work at the GSU library website (http://library.gsu.edu/) and not at a search engine or the open web.
- Check your computer’s firewall and anti-virus settings to make sure that the library’s content is not being blocked.
- Make sure that your institution allows access to the library’s content. Users who try to access from other institutions (such as public schools, colleges, universities or businesses) may be blocked by their institution’s network settings.
- If you need further assistance, just Ask a Librarian for more help.