The university libraries own many DVDs, music and other sound recordings. The easiest way to search for any of these items is in our GIL-Find catalog:
- Open GIL-Find and search for the title, subject or composer/artist/director.
- In the left column, look for the heading “Format.”
- Click Audio if you’re looking for a sound recording (like a CD).
- Click Video if you’re looking for a DVD or film.
- If you’re looking for full-length theatrical movies, try the search term “feature films“. If you’re looking for Blu-ray DVDs, try the search term “Blu-ray“.
- The director is considered the “author” when you’re searching library catalogs for films.
- The composer or musician is considered the “author” when you’re searching library catalogs for audio recordings.