For information regarding part-time, adjunct, and temporary faculty, see the note below.
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renewals||Overdue Fine||Notes|
|Books||1 calendar year||2||n / a||Recalls will alter due dates|
|Reserve Books||2 hours, 3 days, or 1 week (at professor’s discretion)||0||n / a|
|CDs||2 weeks||1||n / a|
|DVDs and VHS||2 weeks||1||n / a||DVD Limit: 5|
|Reserve CDs, DVDs||6 hours||0||n / a||In Library use only.|
|Periodicals||2 hours||0||n / a|
|*Periodicals from Storage||3 days||0||n / a|
|Reference Materials||Ask at Research Support Desk||n / a||n / a|
|GIL Express Materials||4 weeks||2||At the discretion of the lending USG institution||See About GIL Express|
|Emory Materials||4 weeks||2||Ask at checkout||Show your GSU ID card to borrow items from all Emory libraries.|
|ARCHE materials||Ask at checkout||Ask at checkout||Ask at checkout||Obtain ARCHE card at GSU Libraries Service desks.|
*Available at Atlanta campus
- Part-time faculty and adjunct faculty are granted the same loan periods as graduate students.
- Adjunct faculty and part-time faculty not automatically entered into the Library’s circulation system must bring a letter from their department on departmental letterhead stating that they are teaching during the current semester. The letter may be presented to any employee at the User Services Desk (Library North 1).
- Part-time adjuncts and temporary faculty have no library privileges.
- Retiree faculty have the same borrowing privileges they had as a full time faculty. They will need to present their “Retiree” panthercard when checking out items at the User Services desk.
- More information on how to renew items.
- A current Panthercard, JCard, or a valid photo ID is required for checking out circulating materials. Borrowing privileges may be suspended for patrons with overdue, lost or damaged items or fees. Contact one of your GSU libraries for more info. Call Atlanta campus at 404-413-2820 or
Alpharetta 678-240-6135 Clarkston 678-891-3647 Decatur 678-891-2585 Dunwoody 770-274-5085 Newton 770-278-1260