|Lab Name||Available||Offline||In Use||Total|
|Library North 1||31||20||8||59|
|Library North 2||117||107||30||254|
|Library North 3||16||2||6||24|
|Library North 4||10||8||9||27|
|Library South 3||8||2||3||13|
- SFX (Find it) and the e-journal A-Z are currently down - October 9, 2015
Oct 9, 11:24 EST Resolved - The issues with SFX have been resolved. Oct 9, 08:51 EST Identified - SFX (Find it) and the e-journal A-Z are currently down. The USG is working on a fix to restore access as soon as possible.
Library Computing for You
For GSU Patrons
Computers for GSU students, faculty, and staff are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
Macintosh computers are located on Library North 2, 3, and 4.
Visitors may use designated workstations for 1 hour per day; these computers are on Library North 1 and 2. Please refer to Visitors – Computer Use Policy & Procedures for details.
For Patrons with Disabilities
Please see Information for Patrons with Disabilities for a complete list of computer hardware and software.
The library has laptops and netbooks for checkout.
- See the Borrow & Renew Materials pages for loan periods and restrictions.
- Checkout & return: Technology Support Desk on Library North 2.
Printers are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
Color printers are located on Library North 1 and 2.
Printing in the library automatically defaults to duplex (front-and-back) printing. To print single-sided sheets, please follow these instructions for single-sided printing.
- Duplex printing (default on black-and-white printers):
- Black-and-white duplex prints: $.08
- Color duplex prints: $.40
- Single-sided printing (default on color printer; to print single-sided, please follow these instructions):
- Black-and-white prints: $.05 per page
- Color prints: $.25 per page
- Printers accept PantherCards only.
NOTE: A portion of your student technology fee is automatically on your PantherCard for printing. Once you have used up that money, then you must open a PantherCash account either online or in the PantherCard Office and add funds to your PantherCard to pay for printing.
PantherPrint Mobile Print
In addition to printing from a library computer, students, faculty, and staff can send print jobs from on or off campus using a registered campus email address. Print jobs can be sent up to 90 minutes in advance, and then released from a PantherPrint station as normal.
Mobile Device Charging
Mobile device charging stations are available in the following locations:
- Library North 1: rocking chair area next to Saxby’s,
- Library North 1: column near the printers,
- Library North 2: atlases area,
- Library Link 2: near the ramp from Library South 2, and
- Library North 4: column by the study tables.
Do not leave your mobile devices unattended while they charge.
There are a total of 16 scanners available for GSU student, faculty, and staff use on Library North 2 near the Technology Support Desk.
- Copiers are located on Library North 1 & 2.
- Copies cost $.10 per page or $.08 per page.
- Machines accept PantherCash only. (Note that the printing money on your PantherCard is not the same as copier money. Scanners are available that can print to printers.)
- The library does not have a color copier.
One Button Studio
The One Button Studio is available in Library North 276.
The One Button Studio is a simplified video recording setup that can be used without any previous video production experience. The design of the studio allows you to create high-quality and polished video projects without having to know anything about lights and cameras. You only need to bring your flash drive with you and push a single button.
Use the online study room reservation system to reserve N276.
Library North study rooms 201-206 and 271-273 are the Visualization Rooms or V-Rooms, for short.
All the rooms are equipped with 60 inch wall monitors and multimedia connection table boxes, that include 3 HDMI cables, 1 VGA, 4 USB charging ports and 4 power outlets. Rooms 271-273 have touch screen capabilities and are also working computers, with a keyboard and mouse.
Use the online study room reservation system to reserve these rooms.
The library’s computers are loaded with:
- Adobe Master Collection CS6
- Cambridge ChemBio Draw Ultra 13.0
- Google Earth
- GSP 4.01
- IBM Installation Manager
- IBM Software Delivery Platform
- IBM SPSS Statistics 21
- Maple 13
- MATLAB R2013a
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- MikTeX 2.9
- MSXML 4.0
- NCapture Chrome
- NCapture IE
- NetBeans IDE
- NVIVO 10
- Picture Viewer
- Quicktime Player
- R for Windows
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- SAS Suite
- Visual Studio 2010
- WCF RIA Services
- Windows DVD Maker
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker
- World Community Grid
- XPS Viewer
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Technology Support Desk 404-413-2699