The GSU Library has over 60 group study rooms available for students to reserve. Groups of two or more students can check out rooms in advance to make sure they have a place to study or work on group projects. Click the link above to get started!
|Lab Name||Available||Offline||In Use||Total|
|Library North 1||3||17||48||68|
|Library North 2||18||36||126||180|
|Library North 3||0||2||23||25|
|Library North 4||1||1||24||26|
|Library South 3||2||0||11||13|
For GSU Patrons
Computers for GSU students, faculty, and staff are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
Macintosh computers are located on Library North 2, 3, and 4.
Visitors may use designated workstations for 1 hour per day; these computers are on Library North 1 and 2. Please refer to Visitors – Computer Use Policy & Procedures for details.
For Patrons with Disabilities
Please see Information for Patrons with Disabilities for a complete list of computer hardware and software.
The library has laptops and netbooks for checkout.
- See the Borrow & Renew Materials pages for loan periods and restrictions.
- Checkout & return: Technology Support Desk on Library North 2.
Printers are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
There is one color printer on Library North 2, near the Technology Support Desk.
Printing in the library automatically defaults to duplex (front-and-back) printing. To print single-sided sheets, please follow these instructions for single-sided printing.
- Duplex printing (default on black-and-white printers):
- Black-and-white duplex prints: $.08
- Color duplex prints: $.40
- Single-sided printing (default on color printer; to print single-sided, please follow these instructions):
- Black-and-white prints: $.05 per page
- Color prints: $.25 per page
- Printers accept PantherCards only.
NOTE: A portion of your student technology fee is automatically on your PantherCard for printing. Once you have used up that money, then you must open a PantherCash account either online or in the PantherCard Office and add funds to your PantherCard to pay for printing.
Panther Print Wireless Printing
To print to the library’s printers over the wireless network, you will need to download and run the Panther Print installer packages. Learn more about Panther Print here!
To download the packages, click on the links below that match your computer’s system, log in using your CampusID and password, and run the .exe file. Follow the prompts — the installer package will automatically install all of the appropriate software and link to the library’s printers.
To determine if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit:
- From the Start Menu, right-click on Computer
- Select Properties
- Under System, look for System Type:
- If that doesn’t work, visit Microsoft’s support page on this topic.
To download the package, click on the links below, log in using your CampusID and password, and follow the instructions document to install Pharos Popup on your computer.
Alternative method to print from a laptop:
- Email the file to yourself OR
Save it to a flash drive OR
Save it to your network (H) drive.
- Log on to any library computer.
- Access your file.
Wireless access is available via GSU’s wireless network, CatChat2x.
Mobile Device Charging
Mobile device charging stations are available in the following locations:
- Library North 1: rocking chair area next to Saxby’s,
- Library North 1: column near the printers,
- Library North 2: atlases area,
- Library Link 2: near the ramp from Library South 2, and
- Library North 4: column by the study tables.
Do not leave your mobile devices unattended while they charge.
There are a total of 9 scanners available for GSU student, faculty, and staff use. Seven are on Library North 2 near the Technology Support Desk, two are on Library North 2 near the elevators.
- Locations: Library North 1 & 2
- Cost: $.10 per page or $.08 per page when paying with PantherCash.
Machines do not accept credit/debit cards
- The library does not have a color copier.
Presentation Practice Room
Library North study room 276 has a lectern, projector, and projection screen–everything you need to practice your upcoming presentation.
Connect your own laptop to the projector or check out a library laptop at the Circulation Desk on Library North 1. A video recorder and tripod are also available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Use the online study room reservation system to reserve N276.
Group Media Viewing Rooms
Library North rooms N275 and N288 are equipped with a flat-panel TV, VCR, DVD player, surround sound system, computer, and computer speakers. Use the online study room reservation system to reserve these rooms.
The library’s computers are loaded with:
- Adobe CS4 including Photoshop, In Design, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Available on iMacs)
- Microsoft Office 2007: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Microsoft Publisher
- Organic Chemistry Toolbox
- Sketch Up
and dozens of other applications. Call to find out whether the application you need is installed: 404-413-2800.