The GSU Library has over 60 group study rooms available for students to reserve. Groups of two or more students can check out rooms in advance to make sure they have a place to study or work on group projects. Click the link above to get started!
|Lab Name||Available||Offline||In Use||Total|
|Library North 1||51||7||0||58|
|Library North 2||134||21||0||155|
|Library North 3||15||9||0||24|
|Library North 4||15||11||1||27|
|Library South 3||13||0||0||13|
- EZproxy down for maintenance - January 8, 2015
Jan 8, 08:43 EST Completed - EZproxy maintenance has been completed and service is now available for users. Jan 8, 08:01 EST In progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary. Jan 5, 10:17 EST Scheduled - Ezproxy will be DOWN on Thursday January 8th, 2015: from 8 – 9 AM to fix a SSL3 server certificate [...]
Library Computing for You
For GSU Patrons
Computers for GSU students, faculty, and staff are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
Macintosh computers are located on Library North 2, 3, and 4.
Visitors may use designated workstations for 1 hour per day; these computers are on Library North 1 and 2. Please refer to Visitors – Computer Use Policy & Procedures for details.
For Patrons with Disabilities
Please see Information for Patrons with Disabilities for a complete list of computer hardware and software.
The library has laptops and netbooks for checkout.
- See the Borrow & Renew Materials pages for loan periods and restrictions.
- Checkout & return: Technology Support Desk on Library North 2.
Printers are located on Library North 1, 2, 3, and 4, and on Library South 3.
There is one color printer on Library North 2, near the Technology Support Desk.
Printing in the library automatically defaults to duplex (front-and-back) printing. To print single-sided sheets, please follow these instructions for single-sided printing.
- Duplex printing (default on black-and-white printers):
- Black-and-white duplex prints: $.08
- Color duplex prints: $.40
- Single-sided printing (default on color printer; to print single-sided, please follow these instructions):
- Black-and-white prints: $.05 per page
- Color prints: $.25 per page
- Printers accept PantherCards only.
NOTE: A portion of your student technology fee is automatically on your PantherCard for printing. Once you have used up that money, then you must open a PantherCash account either online or in the PantherCard Office and add funds to your PantherCard to pay for printing.
PantherPrint Mobile Print
In addition to printing from a library computer, students, faculty, and staff can send print jobs from on or off campus using a registered campus email address. Print jobs can be sent up to 90 minutes in advance, and then released from a PantherPrint station as normal.
Wireless access is available via GSU’s wireless network, CatChat2x.
Mobile Device Charging
Mobile device charging stations are available in the following locations:
- Library North 1: rocking chair area next to Saxby’s,
- Library North 1: column near the printers,
- Library North 2: atlases area,
- Library Link 2: near the ramp from Library South 2, and
- Library North 4: column by the study tables.
Do not leave your mobile devices unattended while they charge.
There are a total of 16 scanners available for GSU student, faculty, and staff use on Library North 2 near the Technology Support Desk.
- Locations: Library North 1 & 2
- Cost: $.10 per page or $.08 per page when paying with PantherCash.
Machines do not accept credit/debit cards
- The library does not have a color copier.
Presentation Practice Room
Library North study room 276 has a lectern, projector, and projection screen–everything you need to practice your upcoming presentation.
Connect your own laptop to the projector or check out a library laptop at the Circulation Desk on Library North 1. A video recorder and tripod are also available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Use the online study room reservation system to reserve N276.
Group Media Viewing Rooms
Library North rooms N275 and N288 are equipped with a flat-panel TV, VCR, DVD player, surround sound system, computer, and computer speakers. Use the online study room reservation system to reserve these rooms.
The library’s computers are loaded with:
- Adobe Master Collection CS6
- Cambridge ChemBio Draw Ultra 13.0
- DDX Plugin Excel
- DirectX Media Runtime
- Dot Fuscator Software Services
- Google Earth
- GSP 4.01
- IBM Installation Manager
- IBM Software Delivery Platform
- Maple 13
- MATLAB R2013a
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Sync Framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- MikTeX 2.9
- MSXML 4.0
- MyITLab 2010 Simulation
- NCapture Chrome
- NCapture IE
- NetBeans IDE
- NVIVO 10
- Picture Viewer
- Quicktime Player
- R for Windows
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Visual Studio 2010
- WCF RIA Services
- Windows DVD Maker
- Windows Fax and Scan
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker
- Wolfram Mathematica
- World Community Grid
- XPS Viewer
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Technology Support Desk 404-413-2699