The University Library strives to provide the best possible access to materials and services for patrons with disabilities.
- Assistance retrieving books and obtaining materials:
Patrons with print disabilities may be eligible to access digitized versions of copyrighted material through the library’s partnership with the Access & Accommodations Center and HathiTrust Digital Library.
Contact Victor Robertson (email@example.com / 678-891-2406) to check eligibility and/or request material.
- Library orientation
- Research consultations
- Information on how to operate specific equipment
- Accommodations related to library workshops and events
- Referrals to campus resources
You can contact us in several ways:
For addresses and directions, check the Visit the Library page.
All locations have button-activated entrance doors (except for Alpharetta; see note below), accessible restrooms, and assistive computer stations.
- The library is on the first floor of the AA building.
- The library does not have a button-activated entrance. The door is usually propped open, but if you find it closed during regular library hours, knock or call 770-274-5653 and someone will open the door.
- The Alpharetta location has one adjustable-height workstation with assistive equipment and software.
- Accessible parking is outside the front door of the building.
For entrance to Library North:
- The library’s main entrance off the greenway is fully accessible with ramps, automatic sliding doors, and elevators.
For entrance to Library South:
- The walkway from the 3rd level of G Deck
- The 2nd-floor of Classroom South
- The Decatur Street sidewalk (between Classroom South and Library South)
- The ground-floor entrance behind Library South
The Library North and Library South buildings are connected by The Link, an indoor, functional bridge.
All floors of Library North and Library South are wheelchair accessible. However, some bookshelf areas may not be accessible. Library staff can retrieve books from the shelves. Inquire at a service desk for assistance.
Accessible parking is available in the G Deck, near the Courtland Street entrance. To use the G Deck’s accessible parking spaces, you must do both of the following:
- Display a state-issued disability placard.
- Display a Georgia State-issued parking permit or purchase visitor parking at the G Deck entrance.
- The library entrance is on the second floor of the CL building. The elevator is under the stairs in the atrium.
- Accessible parking is available in Lots 3 and 5.
- The library is on the third floor of the SA building.
- Accessible parking is available in Lot 1 (Panthersville Road entrance) or Lot 2 (Clifton Springs Road entrance). A convenient drop-off location is available immediately past parking Lot 2, which is accessible via the Clifton Springs Road entrance. Parking in Lot 3 is not recommended because it is downhill from the library.
- The library entrance is on the second floor of Dunwoody LRC. To reach the second floor from the parking lot, use the sidewalk ramp or the elevator just inside the door at street level. Exit the elevator to the left and then turn left to reach the library entrance.
- Accessible parking is available directly outside the library.
- The library is on the third floor of the 2N building.
- Accessible parking is close to the building in both parking lots.
See the “Building Accessibility” section above for information about parking near specific library locations. For more information about accessible parking, contact Auxiliary Services at 404-413-9500 or visit Georgia State’s parking website.
Most library locations provide access to assistive software for speech recognition, screen reading, magnification and more. Software availability changes periodically, but options may include:
- Inspiration 8
- Read & Write Gold
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Premier Literacy Productivity Pack
The Atlanta library also provides selected assistive equipment. Visit the Technology Support Desk on Library North 2 or call 404-413-2699 to learn more about assistive technology in the Atlanta library.
- 27-inch monitor
- Premier to Go (ptg)
- SARA (Scanning and Reading Appliance)
- CCTV device
Equipment loans are also available through the Access & Accommodations Center at each Georgia State location.
The library follows Georgia State’s policy on service animals: Service animals are welcome in public areas of the library. Emotional support animals are not allowed in common areas of campus, including the library.
For more information about library accommodations, see the library’s policy on services for patrons with disabilities. For information about accessibility services and resources around campus, visit the website for Georgia State’s Access & Accommodations Center.
We welcome your suggestions for improving library services. If you encounter accessibility barriers at the library or on the library website, contact the Associate Dean of Public Services, Bryan Sinclair.