Hours & Access Policies
Georgia State University Students, Faculty & Staff
A valid PantherCard is required to enter the Library.
Georgia State University Affiliates & Visiting Scholars
A valid affiliate PantherCard is required to enter the Library. See the How can the library support visiting scholars page for instructions on how to request an affiliate PantherCard.
Non-Georgia State University Visitors
We are proud to provide services to visiting researchers and members of the Greater Atlanta community.
Visitors must present a government-issued photo ID to access the Library. Access to the Special Collections reading room and physical collections is available by appointment only. To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library hours vary by location. See the Library Hours page for specific location hours.
Locations & Parking
Library North and Library South
100 Decatur Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303-3202
NOTE: The G parking deck connects to Library South. Students may park in G Deck on weekends and Monday-Friday after 4pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can visitors use at the library?
- Books, magazines, and other print and online materials, except for course reserves or equipment for check-out
- Library databases while on visitor computers (See specific databases for exceptions)
- Computers with visitor access
- Printers and Photocopiers by using a PantherCash Guest Card. Please note photocopiers are only available at Perimeter campus libraries. Atlanta campus visitors may use the BookEye Overhead Quick Scan station to generate and send PDFs to an email address or other remote storage device.
- Public spaces, excluding study rooms and CURVE
- Check the Library Hours page for visitor hours at specific locations.
Ask at the service desk about visitor WiFi options.
Borrowing privileges are available to lifetime members of the Georgia State Alumni Association, affiliates from other USG and ARCHE institutions, and other community borrowers.
Are the libraries ADA accessible?
I'm studying late and don't feel safe walking back to my car. Can someone go with me?
Safety Escorts are available 24/7 to nearby parking decks, public and private parking lots, bus stops and train stations. You can request this service anytime you feel unsafe in your travels around campus by calling 404-413-2100. A “Ride Safe” option is available from 6pm to 1am, Monday-Friday (See Route Map). Rides can be scheduled using the Live Safe App or by calling 404-413-2100.
Can Online or Dual-Enrollment Students visit the library?
To use library printers, students who take only off-campus classes must have Panthercash or purchase a guest printing card.