Mission, Vision, and Values
Provide resources and services that enhance student learning and success, inspire creative expression, enable the creation of new knowledge, and facilitate informed dialogue.
The Georgia State University Library will be looked to as a national model of the innovative research library: the intellectual commons of the University, a valued partner in student success, and an integral component of the University research community.
- Collaboration. We seek partnerships and promote open communication.
- Diversity. We value all employees and users regardless of race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or national origin, and strive to create a climate of openness, respect, and appreciation.
- Innovation. We are innovative, flexible, and creative.
- Integrity. We act with consistency, honesty, fairness, and professionalism.
- Learning. We promote the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Service. We serve our community in a knowledgeable, receptive, and courteous manner.
Approved by Library Administrative Council 9/13/2016