Alumni & Visitors
Atlanta campus visitors, please consult the Library Access Policy.
Borrowing Materials: Visitors, including Georgia State alumni, requesting circulation privileges should obtain a Special Borrowers Card from one of the library’s service desks by showing active membership in the Georgia State Alumni Association, which anyone may join regardless of affiliation.
A Special Borrowers Card provides circulation privileges of up to five (5) books concurrently. The loan period is four (4) weeks. Special Borrowers Card holders do not have access to the following:
- Media checkouts (DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- Browsing collection checkouts
- Equipment and laptop checkouts
- Interlibrary Loan
- GIL Express (University System of Georgia statewide courier)
- Off-campus access to library databases
- Logins and passwords to computer workstations in the library. (Visitors are encouraged to use GSU- Guest Wi-Fi, Eduroam, or one of the workstations designated for visitor access.)
A photo ID is required along with the Special Borrowers Card in order to check out materials.
Computer Use: Visitor workstations are available. Ask at a service desk for more information. Georgia State also provides Guest Wireless.