Services by User Group
|User Group||What can be requested?|
|Faculty||Articles and chapters from our print and microfilm collections|
|Graduate students||Articles and chapters from our print and microfilm collections|
|Staff||Articles and chapters from our print collections|
|Professional Administrators||Articles and chapters from our print and microfilm collections|
|Undergraduates||Articles and chapters from print collections|
Copyright & Desktop Delivery
The Library has established guidelines for Desktop Delivery based on the copyright law of the United States and practices in other academic libraries. The Library will not scan:
- More than one chapter from a book
- More than one article from a journal issue at your home campus library
- Articles or book chapters that are longer than 60 pages or that constitute too much of a percentage of a total work
Excessive requests and those that appear to violate copyright law will be canceled at the discretion of library staff. Required readings for courses, materials held in Course Reserves and items available in the Library’s online collections will not be delivered through this service. The article or chapter delivered to you via this service is for personal use. You may not copy or distribute it to others.
Desktop Delivery Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place a request?
- Use your Campus ID and password to login to ILLiad, our Interlibrary Loan system.
- From the “New Request” menu on the left, choose “Journal Article” or “Book Chapter.”
- Online only users – indicate you are only taking online courses in the notes field.