GIL Express lets students, faculty, and staff borrow books from any University System of Georgia library. GIL Express books can be delivered and returned to any University System library.
GIL Express FAQs
Books requested via GIL Express may be picked up at any GSU campus library. Choose your preferred pickup location when placing your request.
You can also pick up GIL Express items at another University System of Georgia library. Simply select the library most convenient location from the drop-down menu when placing your request.
- Go to the Catalog tab on the library’s home page. Enter your search terms and choose “University System of Georgia” from the drop-down menu. Click “Find”.
- When you find a book you would like to request, sign into your library account with your campus ID and password.
- Choose an available copy from the list of libraries that own the book, under “MORE USG LIBRARIES/GIL EXPRESS REQUEST.” (If an item is not available for GIL Express, it will be indicated. Consider submitting your request through Interlibrary Loan.)
- When the lending library’s information appears, click “Request” and follow the prompts to select a pickup location.
- Click Request!
We’ll email you when the item arrives. If you don’t hear from us within a few days, check your library account or ask for help at your GSU campus library’s service desk.
We’ll email you when the item arrives. If you don’t hear from us within a few days, check your library account or ask for help at your GSU campus library service desk.
If the Lending Library is unable to send the item, we’ll notify you. You can try your request again, selecting a different lender. If no other libraries in the Universal Catalog own the item, submit your request through ILLiad. Please note in the comments section that your GIL Express request was not filled.
Some policies are similar and some are not. Important differences include:
- GIL Express items cannot be renewed at any of the GSU libraries service desks. They can only be renewed online through your library account , or by contacting the lending library.
- If a GIL Express item is overdue it must be returned and sent back to the owning library. It cannot be checked in and then checked back out again at a GSU library service desk.
- GIL Express fines and loan periods are the same for all faculty, staff, and students. Recall fines of $2.50 per day will be charged on overdue GIL Express materials if they are recalled at the owning library.
Visit the GIL Express website for more detailed information about GIL Express policies.
Yes. For materials that circulate through GIL Express, GSU faculty, staff, and students may request Georgia State University Library materials for pickup at other University System libraries.
In this case, GIL Express circulation policies will not apply. Georgia State University Library policies, such as fines and loan lengths, apply when a GSU patron checks out a GSU Library item, even if the item is picked up elsewhere.
GIL Express cannot be used to request delivery of Atlanta campus items to other Atlanta locations, such as the Law Library.
Georgia State University Libraries allows most regularly circulating books to be requested and checked out by GIL Express patrons. This includes items in our General Collection, Folio, Ultra Folio, Government Document, and Juvenile collections.
Items not eligible for GIL Express include Browsing, Periodicals, Reference, Media, Microfilm, Microfiche, Special Collections, and Reserves items.