You must renew materials before their due date. You can view the list of non-renewable items and maximum consecutive renewals below.
You can renew materials online through your library account. If you need help with online renewals, please read our instructions for online renewals. You can also renew items by phone or in person at a library service desk.
If you have questions about renewals or would like to renew an item by phone, please call your home library.
The following items cannot be renewed:
- Browsing Collection books
- Course Reserves books and media
- Equipment (laptops, cameras, etc.)
- Periodicals and periodicals from storage
- Reference materials and non-circulating items from the General Collection
Maximum Consecutive Renewals
We limit the number of consecutive renewals. Once an item exceeds its renewal limit, you must bring it to the library to check it out again.
Renewal limits are as follows:
- General Collection books: 2 renewals
- GIL Express items: 2 automatic renewals
- Media items: 1 renewal
- Chromebooks: 1 renewal