Our collections primarily document people and organizations in the 20th- and 21st-century American South.
You can find information about our collections in ArchivesSpace, our finding aid database.
Southern Labor Archives
- Aviation and other transportation industries
- Textile and clothing workers
- Nurses and nursing
- Food, retail and service workers
For more information, visit our SLA research guides.
Music and Popular Culture Collections
- Other musicians’ and artists’ papers
- Early country, bluegrass, and Southern gospel music
- Southern hip hop archives
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra archives
- Alex Cooley collection
- Records of WSB Radio and other Georgia stations
- Collections of comic books, comic art and pulp fiction publications
- 7 Stages Theatre records
The collections contain more than 20,000 pieces of published sheet music, Tune-Dex cards and arrangements by American songwriters, as well as 50,000 recordings from a variety of genres.
For more information, visit our Music and Popular Culture Collections research guides. You can also search our music-related databases:
- Donna Novak Coles Georgia Women’s Movement Archives
- Lucy Hargrett Draper Collections on Women’s Rights, Advocacy and the Law
- Archives for Research on Women
For more information, read our Women’s Collections research guides.
Gender and Sexuality Collections
For more information, read our Gender & Sexuality Collections research guides.
Atlanta Civic & Neighborhood History
- Atlanta’s economic, social, and political development from the mid-20th century to the present
- Community-building efforts and civic engagement in Atlanta neighborhoods and communities
- Activism related to the environment, education, housing and the death penalty
For more information, read our Atlanta Civic & Neighborhood History research guides.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution‘s photo archive, our largest photographic collection, contains millions of images of Georgia and the Atlanta area. Individual Atlanta-area photographers are also represented in the collections:
- Ernest G. Welch
- Tom Coffin
- Tracy O’Neal
Georgia State University Archives
- Permanent records of administrative offices, deliberative bodies and organizations
- Oral histories
- Publications and Web archives
Since the consolidation of Georgia State University and Georgia Perimeter College (GPC), the Archives also holds the historic records of the former GPC.
For more information, read our University Archives research guides.
Rare Book Collection
- Works of Georgia literature and history
- Books about the urban South
- Examples of fine binding and early Georgia imprints
Highlights include several incunabula, a significant collection of Eudora Welty and Joel Chandler Harris titles and a modest collection of British literature.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.